Saturday 17 October 2015

JAMES BAY : OLYMPIA

This past Thursday i went to see the marvellous James Bay. I seen him in the best venue by far in Dublin, The Olympia. This seems to be the venue that up and coming musicians play before the hit the big time. Its sucha great venue and so intimate a setting that it suits performers such as James Bay or Jake Bugg.
The gig was frickin amazing and completely different to how i imagined it. I had it in my head that James Bay was the quiet and reserved kinda of artist but far from it seems. He was truly outstanding and his hat was perfection. Truly one of the best gigs Ive been to. I had an unreal time.

Now onto the outfit..... I was sooo torn as to whether to wear a hat in support of James Bay . I decided against as there was no way id look half as well as he did in one haha. I choose a simple outfit juts purely for the comfort factor :)

Here is the outfit in pics below:





Pinafore // Loving youth
Turtle neck // Penneys ( Primark )
Scarf // Topshop 
Runners // Jd Sports 

Pinafore : I got this in the topshop sale . Its not topshop, its Loving Youth. This was reduced to 14e. This one isn't my first cord pinafore from loving youth, i purchased a red one last year for Christmas time and never wore. Due to the fact I'm liking darker tones this year i wore this instantly. This is such a versatile piece as it can go from day to night , depending on the person wearing it. 

Scarf : Like every year at this time i become obsessed with everything tartan or plaid. This ,i purchased last year in topshop , it was around 28e-32e and one of my more pricey tartan scarfs. I usually buy my tartan scarfs outta vintage shops as they are great quality and sooo much cheaper . I fell in love with this due to the autumnal colours and its large size. Its starting to get a bit breezy here in Dublin so scarfs were essential on Thursday night haha.

Runners : Ok I'm a bit late to this sneaker trend but id prefer it that way anyways. I usually don't follow the 'whats considered cool by the huns' trend , but i loved the vintage vibes given when wearing superstars . I bought these Thursday before the gig and got the for 58e because i bought in the kids section . YAY SMALL FEET. The fact that they are big fit and i coulda bought a size smaller was unknown to me . I bought my usual size and as expected they are a tiny bit big but still wearable. These will defo be getting woren to death as the are super comfy and i went for the all black  just to suit most of my wardrobe . See i don't always think ahead but when i do its a good time :)

Gig pics :




Hope you guys enjoyed this blog post and if you have any questions or comments please leave below . I'm also open to ideas on what you guys would like to see me blog about. Also don't forget to check out my instagram for daily updates about me , my life and clothes ( link below)

OVER & OUT, 

Jen X x X




No comments:

Post a Comment