Thursday 4 June 2015

HAUL FOR SUMMER AND NOW

So today was the first week in like 2 and a half months that i didn't have to use the majority of my wages to pay off my holiday . This meant i could finally do a bit of splurge shopping for holidays :) If you have read my blog before you'll have seen that I'm off to New York in August! I know , i know I'm gonna have a frickin blast but seems as Ive never been there before i haven't a clue about what to wear . Fair enough to say Ive been asking alot of people who have been there whats acceptable but Ive just decided to do me and dress as crazy as i do over here :) Why not right ? 

New York has always been the dream for me . I can imagine it as been a bigger , better verison of London ( I'm completely obsessed.) I just kinda fear the unknown a little. I am mad for an adventure BUT when it comes to what to wear , i like to be prepared. Just put it this way just cause its New York doesn't mean I'm gonna be dressing like those girls in sex and the city ........ HELLS NO THAT'S NOT ME !

So here's a few little items Ive picked up mostly for holidays but some for now too.

ENJOY :)

LOVING YOUTH:

This 2 piece is from topshop's concession , The Loving Youth. Ever since this range launch in topshop i have been obsessed. The price range for there items are sooooo reasonable and affordable and its VINTAGE ! Reasonable , affordable and vintage what more can i ask for , uniqueness maybe? Seems as it is so cheap everyone
and there ma is sporting items from the collection but sure its just a phase for them and it shall pass and become uncool again, i cant wait for that day haha. Even though everyone is kinda wearing it, the good thing about Loving Youth stuff is that even if several of the , just say skirt, is made they all have a unique twist. Like this two piece. I bought each one on separate occasions (skirt first then top ) and had to have a good, long look this morning to try and match a top to the skirt . I think i achieved the best i could get . This little cropped denim top is sooooo good and cheap compared to other shops I've been in lately! This is defo a New York outfit , i can just imagine strolling around the city looking slick as fuck and getting, great blog photos in this outfit:)


Nine Crows:




So its just not pay day without a trip to nine crows :) I absolutely love the store and think anyone into vintage fashion like meself needs to pop in or go online and shop till you drop. These two items are probably gonna be woren now and on holidays . The leather waist coat was 32euro and its real leather. Such a bargain :) It will be super cute just thrown over a summery dress or a rock vest woren as a dress. 

One of my favourite things about going to America is the Harley Davidson Tshirts . Talk about buying in bulk haha. This reworked cropped tshirt was only 16euro, another great bargain. More than likely I'll probably end up wearing that this weekend with black Levi shorts or something like that.

Forever 21:








Just a few cheap bits from forever 21 hurt nobody . The green, long sleeved , boho-esque dress (16euro) is totally for now . Like i said in a previous blog i am absolutely loving this look right now. I reminds me so much of the style of the girls in the movie 'Almost famous,' which is up there as one of my favourite movies. I got a great suede, fringe waistcoat in beyond retro back in march and it will be pure perfection with this dress. 
The 2nd dress(12euro) is just something casual for on holidays. Not really much to say about it, ill more than likely wear it with bycle shorts and chunky sandals.

 The bucket hat again is for holidays. Like i stated before, I'm gonna dress exactly how i want to in New York and why not wear an luminous yellow bucket hat(8euro). PEACOCKIN YOU SAY ? Me never ! Just been me :)

Tahiti Vintage Dublin:


This shop is a little hidden gem. It's just one of those shops i never hear people talking about yet any time i go over i get something in it . Its a super cute lay out as it kinda looks like a little beach hut . Its in George's Arcade and is so easy to spot. The prices again in here seem affordable to me. This Guns'n'Roses vest is more of a sweat shirt kinda material , which i dunno whether it will be too warm to wear on holiday , but sure I'll try it anyways . I can't really remember the price of this, think it coulda been like 18euro . I love the print of this and its defo 100% down my style route. I can imagine pairing this with leather waistcoat (above) for a night time outfit in New York. 

Ebay:

Well it wouldn't be summer without a few fake septum's and bindis. My new bindis are on the way , but these two little beauts arrived the other day :) People are being silly and paying outrageous prices for these online. GET ONTO EBAY GURLS ..........
I got each one of these for below 2euro. No lie ! Fake septum's are the way for me , cause even though i have me nose pierced i haven't the guts to get that done at all. These little beauties are sure to funk up any kind of outfit yer planning on wearing on summer. 


Mac:


Soooooo i couldn't resist when i went into MAC today ! Why is everything so damn pretty. I went up to see if they had received there new matte collection in, but they hadn't. Then i seen they had an in store promotion for this super funky, retro range. The collection is called ''MAC is beauty.'' The colours are absolutely to die for. As soon as i seen the colour of the one pictured above screamed my name. I'm not usually a pink lip kinda person but i needed a neutral pink that isn't to ..... Barbie. I tried it out tonight and its beautiful on and just the shade i wanted. Also cheers to the girl in MAC for giving me a free tester of their new mascara :) Gonna try it out in the morning.


Hope you guys enjoyed this blog post. I know its not the usual but i thought as i had splurged a bit that it seemed fitting to post a HAUL post. I dont really wanna be doing these all the time buy if you guys would like me to continue to do things this like just leave a comment below .

Over & Out, 

Jen x X x



No comments:

Post a Comment