Sunday 21 June 2015

NAVAJO HIPPY











Poncho // Ette Clothing
Lace Trousers // H&M
Hat // Forever 21 

Time to come to terms ........ I've completely fallen for the whole hippie trend and i don't wanna stop wearing the look. I dunno if it is because the look allows oneself to be outrageous and mix prints and textures or whether i was a hippie in a previous life . I think its the fact i started to watch a TV show called 'Aquarius,' which is set in 1967 and all of the hippies clothes are to die for haha. Its just seems to be surrounding me lately and i do love dressing up and I'm willing to try any type of style imaginable. Believe me if i lived in Japan I'd totally be a Harajuku girl, its the dream in all honesty.

For all you hippie looking clothes loving people , you gotta check out Ette Clothing. Its seriously the epitome of Hippie chic AND always have deals on so its never too expensive. Seems as I'm still sick ( see previous post), today i jumped at the chance to actually go out and get a bitta fresh air . Also my outfit was on point so why not take blog pics :) My head still isn't the best and my eye is well an eye sore to look at but i didn't wanna let that stop me. 

Here are the outfit details for all you sick ass people :)

Poncho : This is from the aforementioned Ette Clothing . I seen this a couple of times on the website and was completely in love . But at the time i was kinda broke and defo couldn't afford it . Every time i went on it was there mocking me in all its beauty and then one day BOOM ....... it was reduced and it had to be mine . I got this a couple of weeks ago and i really didn't no what to pair it with so that's the reason i haven't posted it until today ! As it was a couple of weeks ago now that i purchased it, i can't remember the price but i think it was about 17euro mark . This outfit in itself is pretty basic but putting this on completely pulled the look together and fulfilled the picture i had in my head .

Lace trousers : I'm not been one of those ' i wore a trend before it was a trend ' girls , but i purchased these lace ,see through flares way back when in Oct of last year . Now I'm seeing them everywhere and it pushed me not to wear them . But then i thought, fuck it, no matter what you could be the first to wear something and someone will always be there to drag you down and say you copied someone ! Look we all get our ideas from somewhere BUT most of the time i like to try and think of different ways of wearing . Sometimes someone can get there before you but that doesn't me they are better than you ! It just means in the future , trust you gut and wear it ! I bought these in a size 12 , don't ask me why , i know I'm not a size 12 ! But cause they are big on me it means i can't wear them without something going over the waist band but they were just to pretty to return . This Ette Clothing poncho was the perfect solution to the problem and it portrays that perfect hippie vibe! I got them in H&M for 10e on the sale rack .

The hat : OK ....... Anyone who has read any of my blogs can see i have a black hat obsession . Up until recently my favourite one was the oversized h&m one . But i think i found a worthy replacement . I was in work looking at the Forever 21 windows and spotted this beauty . It was on a male mannequin , but when it comes to my wardrobe every item of clothing i see is unisex . I don't care if it was made for a man ! If i like it I'm gonna wear it . I went over on my lunch and it was so meant to be . It was the last one of this style left in black. I tired it on ...... all the angels from heaven sang . It had to be mine ! I was 16.95e and at that price who could say no , not me that's who haha . I'm going to New York in August and this will be defo coming with me in place of the h&m one. Look a bit of advice , if you look up a the hippie look the statement piece for a girl is flares and a floppy hat . I would defo recommend you invest in both if you want to achieve this look . These type of hats are a stayer if you ask me and the fit for ever season , so your defo not wasting money in getting one. It can take your outfit from average to fashion forward in one swift movement of placing a hat on your head .

Hope you guys are enjoying my blogging and i thank you for all of the support I've received :) If there is anything in particular you want me to blog about let me know and don't forget to check out my instagram ( link below .)





Over & Out ,

Jen x X x

No comments:

Post a Comment